Curb is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company with deep roots in the taxi and for-hire transportation industry. Curb provides products for mobile app solutions, effortless payment, paratransit, business travel, and advertising that reaches captive audiences of millions.
Curb is creating a comprehensive mobility platform for operators to efficiently manage their vehicles and drivers, for regulators to be informed and establish guidelines, for service providers to deliver sustainable, future-proof solutions, and for riders to have an effortless transit experience.
Curb is providing its U.S. partners with opportunities to efficiently connect with audiences to meet their business goals as well as provide riders and the public with relevant local content and advertising to help them stay connected while on the go.
Reporting to the CEO, the General Counsel will oversee all legal matters and serve as the primary legal advisor to Curb’s senior management team. The General Counsel will also be responsible for negotiating and drafting a broad range of complex commercial contracts, handling risk management, advising on transactional and regulatory matters, advising on employment matters, handling marketing, advertising and privacy compliance and providing advice and counsel on all other legal issues facing the company. S/he must be a business savvy lawyer with strong problem-solving abilities and a solutions-orientation.
The General Counsel must have a broad business orientation and will have responsibility for the following:
- Serve as a senior advisor to the CEO and to the Board of Directors;
- As a key member of the senior management team, counsel on the legal ramifications of significant company strategic initiatives; and implement and approve legal policies and procedures in accordance with business needs;
- Advise on complex corporate transactions, including all mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, major contracts, and other strategic business initiatives;
- Draft, maintain, negotiate and monitor all commercial agreements, including form documents, strategic relationships and employee related agreements;
- As corporate secretary of the company, oversees the preparation of all relevant corporate filings and preparation of board and committee meeting agendas and minutes; work closely with the legal staff to ensure the accuracy of all public disclosures and other governmental filings;
- Advise on the litigation risks of possible business decisions; supervise the management of litigation; counsel on the appropriate strategy to defend or resolve litigation associated with environmental, product liability, securities, antitrust, government investigations and other claims;
- In leading the global legal compliance program, ensure that the company is in compliance with all federal, state and international laws, regulations and rules that apply to company activities;
- Ensure protection of the company’s intellectual property including its patent and trademark portfolios; and
- Efficiently supervise, select and manage outside counsel and other third-party advisors and establish procedures for evaluating the quality and cost of services of outside counsel and advisors.